Audio and video are two halves of a finished movie or video. How do you edit and sweeten your audio so that it does not detract from your video? In this course, authors Cheryl Ottenritter and Richard Harrington walk you through everything from setting up your audio tracks in Adobe Premiere Pro to mixing to exporting.
- Cheryl, I'd really like to thank you.…I learned a lot today.…As a video editor, this is often quite new.…And I think people can be a bit intimidated.…Do you have any suggestions on how people should continue…to build a relationship with an audio mixer?…Because you don't always have to fix the problems yourself.…- Right. Well, as you go through,…start creating relationship with yourself,…learning your ears, learning how to relate to your tools.…And also, start talking to the mixer next door.…Go hang out in their suite.…
Go sit your mix when your edit's being mixed,…or your video's being mixed.…Do as much as you can to immerse yourself into that world,…and the takeaway will be that you'll integrate all that…information into your own edits.…- And remember folks, this is just like…learning to color-correct.…It is a learned skill.…When it comes to audio,…it's going to take some time to get it right.…And as good as you can get, realize that there may be…some ceilings that you hit.…Some people just have a better eye for color,…
- Setting up your tracks in Premiere Pro
- Organizing tracks on the Timeline
- Adjusting audio levels on the Timeline
- Switching between track and clip control
- Using the Clip Mixer and Track Mixer
- Using submixes for routing and stem mixing
- Adding clip-level effects to audio clips
- EQ for male and female voices
- Removing background noise
- Compressing the master track
Skill Level Intermediate
Audition CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith Paul Murphy5h 32m Beginner
Introduction to Video Dialogue Editingwith Ashley Kennedy3h 14m Intermediate
Audio for Video: 2 Tips & Techniqueswith Jeff Jacoby28m 24s Intermediate
1. Getting Off to a Good Start
2. Adjusting Audio Levels on the Timeline
3. Mastering the Mixers
4. Essential Effects
5. EQ, Compression, and Noise Reduction in Action
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.