Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Introduction to Video Editing.
- Well we've reached the end of this…Introduction to Video Editing course,…and I hope you found it helpful in getting a small dab…of Film School 101, mixed with hands-on practical learning…with a couple of real-world projects.…And while we've covered a lot,…there's still plenty to learn.…Indeed, this course is just intended to be a first bite…into the great wide world of video editing,…so if you're new to editing, I strongly recommend…that you start really getting comfortable with the software.…To do that, go straight for the Essential Training courses…for whatever editing software you want to use.…
Each of the Essential Training courses are meant…to get you totally up to speed on the basics of the software…over the course of seven to 10 hours.…We cover everything you need to know,…input, organization, editing, trimming,…effects, sound design, color correction,…multi-cam editing, output, and more.…Each of the Essential Training courses…has at least one real-world project…that you can work with to start getting your feet wet.…
- Exploring an editor's role in storytelling
- Understanding film grammar
- Learning when to follow and when to break editing "rules"
- Exploring shot and lens movement, as well as timing and pacing
- Getting to know video editing software
- Editing narrative scenes
- Editing documentaries
- Looking at the role of sound design, effects, and color correction
- Next steps for training and development
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Documentary Editingwith Diana Weynand2h 56m Intermediate
1. Exploring Story
What is story?2m 47s
2. The Grammar of Editing
3. Exploring Nonlinear Editing Applications
4. Editing a Short Narrative Scene
5. Editing a Short Documentary
6. Understanding Additional Post-Production Processes
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.