Once you have created your text in Adobe Illustrator, you may want to modify its shape so you can do creative treatments to your title. How do you modify the shape of text in Illustrator? In this movie, author Luisa Winters walks you through how to modify the shape of your title so it best fits the feel of your edit project.
- Once you have your text,…you may want to modify its shape…so that you can do creative treatments to your titles.…You can do that by expanding the text.…This means that the text will no longer be editable…but sometimes, you can do that…after you get approval from the client.…Let's try it.…Go ahead and open Illustrator and create a new file.…Just click on the New button…and all of the settings are already set…the way that we need them.…I'll name this Illustrator…Title 3.…
And now let's type in some text.…Let me zoom out a little bit and collapse this.…And I'll just type in the words Some Text.…I can select all of them now.…Make them larger so we can better see them.…And of course, I do like my Arial Black font…so I'll change it to that…and I'll also change the color maybe to a red.…Because this is point text,…I can resize it however I want to.…
Now, I'm going to break apart the text…so this will make it no longer editable.…So with the text selected, I'll go to Object, Expand.…It's going to ask me if the object and the fill.…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.