Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video Masking your effect, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- In this movie, we are going to use masks for our effects…so that the effect affects only a part of the clip…and not the whole thing.…Please open sequence 3-6 from the project panel.…This is a clip from the colonial city in Santo Domingo,…Dominican Republic, and what I want to do is make the sky…a little bit more dramatic in this shot.…So I'm going to go ahead and increase the saturation…and add an S curve to the clip.…So, go under Basic Correction…and increase the saturation of the clip.…
Now, we can go into the curves, and in the luma curve,…we can add a shallow S curve…to make the colors more dramatic.…Now what is happening is that when you make these colors…and these contrasts more dramatic, we're also affecting…this building here, which happens to have…been Columbus' house when he lived there.…We can't really do that, we just want to make the sky…more contrasting and dramatic.…So let's go ahead and increase this to a lot more…and let's see what happens.…
Yeah, the one that is getting affected the most…is the building rather than the sky.…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.