Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Luma fade, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- Sometimes you want to create more of a composite…that animates on and off.…For this you can take advantage of options…like keying or luma keying which will knock out…areas based on their brightness value.…Lets explore how this could be used to create a transition.…When I play this here, you'll notice…that the background disappears…while the birds were left in place…and then fade out.…That's because I essentially did a key.…Now, if you look closely, you'll see…that parts of the bird became see through.…The white on the juvenile eagle's chest…matched the white of the mountains…and that did eventually key out.…
But this creates more of a composite-type image…where parts of the image are overlayed…and then fade.…This is pretty simple and it involves combining…two types of effects.…Let's come down here and work with…this layered transition stack.…I'll grab the razorblade tool here…and simply cut the top clip.…Now, with that clip selected…I could choose to add a key.…From the Effects panel, I'll type in the word luma.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
The Art of Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
The Art of Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.