Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video LUTS vs. effects in Premiere Pro, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- Sometimes you just want to add a lot that you can't find.…So you have to use the effects in Premier Pro.…Well, let's see how the effects in Premier Pro…compare to whatever lot you want to use.…Please go ahead and open sequence 5.4…from the project panel and let's duplicate the clip…that we have in the timeline.…Press and hold Alt, Option on the Mac…and click and drag up so that you have two clips…that are identical, one on top of each other.…
What we're going to do, is we're going to…make both of the clips small…and we're going to place them…one next to the other.…That way we will be able to see both clips at the same time.…We're going to apply a lot to one…and we're going to emulate the look…of the lot in the bottom one.…So let's go ahead and select the top one.…Go to basic correction and where it says input lot,…click there and choose the BMC Prores SL Profile.…
And you can see that the colors get…a little bit more intense, a little bit contrasting…and all of that.…So we're going to try to emulate that in the bottom clip.…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.