Learn the tricks to working with blending modes in Premiere Pro.
- Hi. My name's Rich Harrington and welcome to this course on exploring blending modes. Blending modes are the designer's secret and they really allow you to combine multiple layers together to get new and interesting results. You might be wondering what do they have to do with video editing? Well, it turns out that blending modes can solve a bunch of problems both technical as well as aesthetic ones, and there's some really cool things that can be done. In this course we're going to explore blending modes both inside of Premier Pro and then occasionally jumping out to applications like After Effects and Photoshop.
The great news is that blending modes are built into the core of Adobe Tools, which means fantastic real time performance. If you're coming to Premier Pro from another editing system, you may never have touched blending modes in the past because they either weren't available or were incredibly slow to try to access, but with Premier I'd like to encourage you to rethink your approach to working with blending modes and in this course I'm going to show you a lot of different, interesting, and cool ways to make them a part of your workflow.
- Identifying blend modes
- Using blend modes in files from After Effects and Photoshop
- Color correcting with blend modes
- Softening skin
- Hiding noise and grain
- Creating high-contrast or cartoon looks
- Relighting a shot with blend modes