Did you know that Adobe InDesign, which is used to design print layouts, can be used to create text graphics for your video? InDesign has features that can help you easily make global changes to a series of graphics. In this movie, author Luisa Winters explains the benefits of using Adobe InDesign when creating text graphics.
- InDesign has always been a print and web application.…We use it to create books, magazines,…and even web pages and eBooks.…Why would we want to use what is clearly a print program…to help us in our video workflow?…Well, let me give you a scenario.…You have a video that you're editing…that requires many lower thirds.…Maybe it requires 50 different lower thirds.…This is no problem until the client looks at the video…and asks you to make a font color change…to all of the lower thirds.…
Whether you're using Photoshop, After Effects, or Premiere…for these lower thirds, it doesn't really matter.…You will need to edit that font color…on each individual title.…In other words, it's gonna take a long time.…And what if that same client…decides to change something else after that?…Well, you get the point, not a quick fix,…even though the client may think it is.…Easy, sure, quick, no, so what to do?…Well, I propose using InDesign.…
I'm not saying to use InDesign for everything,…but only for when you have many different titles…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.