Adobe Illustrator is the industry standard for vector graphic creation. How can you use Adobe Illustrator in your video editing and motion graphics workflows? In this movie, author Luisa Winters discusses the benefits of using Illustrator when creating graphics for use in your Adobe Premiere Pro project.
- [Voiceover] Go ahead and open Illustrator…and now click on the New button.…You're gonna be presented with this dialog…in which you can choose a profile…and a preset for your new document.…So if you click on Profile, you can choose…Video and film, and then of course…this is gonna give you the presets for video and film.…The one that you want is gonna be 1920 by 1080…so we're gonna choose HDV 1080, and as you can see…1920 pixels by 1080 pixels,…the color mode is gonna be RGB,…the Raster Effects will be at 72 ppi,…that's the resolution, and we are not…going to have a transparency grid.…
Some people prefer it, but I do not,…I find it very distracting.…And the Preview mode is gonna be the default one.…So now that this is all good…and it is exactly the way that I need it,…I'm gonna go ahead and name this, Illustrator title 01.…Now let's go ahead and click OK.…And of course, our new document opens up.…Here on the left we're gonna see…the tools that Illustrator presents us.…
You see that most of them are actually very familiar to you.…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.