Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video How we'll be editing in this course, part of Introduction to Video Editing.
- View Offline
- Now that we've covered the conceptual…learning part of this course, introduction to video editing,…we're going to start getting…our feet wet to edit two scenes.…Therefore, we're obviously going to…have to choose an editing software to work in.…Now there are three major non-linear editing softwares…in the world of editing that we usually deal with.…Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro 10…and Avid Media Composer.…Now, what I don't want to do is…be a proponent for any particular editing platform.…Above all, I want to stress the art of video editing…and draw as little attention to…the actual software as possible.…
But, all of that said, we have to pick one,…so we're going to be using Adobe Premiere Pro…because it's available on both a Mac and a PC.…And just so you know, Final Cut is Mac only.…The other two can run on both.…And also, statistics show that it's most…widely used for beginning editors…among the dual platform solutions.…So bottom line, I wanted to use a multi-platform solution…that was available for the most amount of people,…
- Exploring an editor's role in storytelling
- Understanding film grammar
- Learning when to follow and when to break editing "rules"
- Exploring shot and lens movement, as well as timing and pacing
- Getting to know video editing software
- Editing narrative scenes
- Editing documentaries
- Looking at the role of sound design, effects, and color correction
- Next steps for training and development