Join James Ball for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Multi-Camera Video Production and Post.
- I hope you enjoyed this in depth look…at multi-camera production and post production.…Jim, this really is a complex set of skills.…Multi-camera productions bring out so much more…and I think that one of the most important things…you emphasized today was the collaborative nature…of the crew, the teamwork side of things.…- Yeah, so you may be there for a specific job…or a specific purpose, but again it's a collaboration.…You're part of a bigger team, a bigger project…and everybody doing their single thing…is going to create a whole.…If you take that away from this class,…that's a big thing.…
- Now, you might be somewhat new…to multi-camera productions, so if you're watching…this course before your first multi-camera production,…I'd encourage you to after you get a couple of projects…in your can, to come back and watch it again.…I'm often surprised, Jim, when I go back…and I relook at my process, I can continue to refine.…Even after doing multi-camera productions for years,…every time I do one I figure something else out.…
You'll learn essential preproduction strategies to get the right gear and place it in the right position. You'll also learn techniques for syncing the visuals and audio captured from each camera. Rich and James offer advice for directors running shoots in the field, as well as strategies for crew members who are building sets and logging footage. Finally, in chapters 7 and 8, they share techniques for multicamera postproduction with Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro. In these chapters, you'll learn how to create multicam clips, apply color correction, color match angles, switch between angles, and refine and master your edit. By the end of the course, you'll have a thorough start-to-finish understanding of the multicamera production process.
- Planning the multicamera production
- Evaluating the location
- Creating camera diagrams
- Selecting the right equipment
- Communicating with crew
- Lighting multicam productions
- Matching and syncing cameras
- Directing a multicamera shoot
- Editing multicamera video
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the essentials of live streaming your multicamera production.
Video for Photographers: 1 Filmmaking Essentialswith Eduardo Angel37m 48s Appropriate for all
Camera Movement for Video Productionswith Eduardo Angel46m 48s Appropriate for all
1. Planning the Production
2. The Production Approach
3. Preparing Cameras for a Multicamera Production
4. Running a Multicamera Production
5. Strategies from the Crew
6. Preparing for Post-Production
7. Multicamera Post-Production with Adobe Premiere Pro
8. Multicamera Post-Production with Final Cut Pro X
9. The Essentials of Live Streaming Your Multicamera Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.