Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Giving credit on your film, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Narrator] At the end of almost every movie…and also at the beginning of some,…you'll find a list of people…that put work into making it happen.…So many people work on movies,…it's really the most collaborative art form in existence,…so it's really important that all the people that helped…to make your film get credit for the work that they did.…We'll talk in a later course in this series about IMDb…and how important it is to give credit on there as well,…and we'll also talk about how to input credits into IMDb…but in this course, we're going to focus on how to create…the credits that go in the film.…
Now, as far as who to give credit to…and how to spell their names and all that jazz,…this is not your job as the editor.…The producer should give you a document,…probably a Microsoft Word document,…that will have everything listed for you.…On more professional productions,…the spelling of a person's name and the exact credit…that they get is often something negotiated…in their contract.…So producers will want to make sure that they get that right…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.