Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding an editing workflow, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Instructor] In this trailer we're going to look at…finding and editing workflow that works for you.…And as part of that, I want to show you…the editing workflow that I used on The Assurance,…and I actually wanted to show you this:…the actual project that I used, this is the final project,…from the very end of The Assurance,…the actual project that I used.…Now you won't have this as part of the…exercise files because there's tons of files…included here that I don't have permission to distribute,…but I still wanted to show you a little bit about…my timeline and how I organized my project here.…This is actually the project that I used here.…
You can see that I have a bunch of video tracks;…I have the letterbox template at the top…which controls the aspect ratio; I have the time code;…and then I have a few layers as well as…tracks I should say of the video footage,…and then most of the tracks are taken up by audio.…I have multiple tracks of narration, multiple tracks…of sync audio, which is the audio that comes in from…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.