Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting shots for visual effects, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Instructor] In this tutorial we're going to talk…about how to get your footage…over to a visual effects artist for visual effects shots.…Now this one is a bit different…than the other processes in this chapter.…While the other processes we've looked at…involve work on the entire film,…visual effects take too much work…to deal with the entire film.…When we do visual effects,…we do it only on a shot by shot basis.…Now typically with visual effects…or motion graphics and animations,…work on these can't finalize until after picture lock,…but they can start some preliminary work early on.…
So for example we knew even back in pre-production…that we were going to need a 3D modeler…to create a model of Galhauten,…so we had people in our team starting to work on that…soon after we wrapped production…before we were even that far into post-production.…Another thing that production will often do…is basically do kind of like a clip lock…instead of a picture lock.…They might sign off on a single clip…that they know will need visual effects…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.