Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting the edit to a sound designer, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Instructor] Sound designers make a film sound cinematic.…Exporting to a sound designer is a bit different…than exporting to other processes…in the sense that some audio programs tend…to work better with different formats.…So you'll want to ask your sound designer…which format they prefer.…Typically, you'll use one of two formats,…both found in Premiere under the File Export menu.…The two you'll probably use for…everything sound-related are OMF and AAF.…These are the audio equivalent of the Final Cut Pro XML,…a file that we looked at in the last tutorial,…and contain the basic audio, edit data, volume,…panning information, and some other basics…that you created in your edit in Premiere.…
The AAF format is a little bit newer than OMF…and also stores a little bit more data,…but it's a little bit less reliable from my experience.…On The Assurance, we had several sound designers.…We had one for the trailer and then three others…that actually worked on the film itself.…And all of them preferred using OMF files,…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.