Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting the edit to a composer, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Narrator] The process of sending your work…to a Composer is actually pretty easy.…Composers don't really need access to your edit points…with audio or video so it makes the process super simple…since they're just writing music over the film.…So all Composers usually need is a reference render…of the film with time code burned in.…Now I've talked a lot about this idea of a reference render…so let's dig in to a little bit more…about what that's about.…Basically I just render the film using H 264,…I typically also don't give…them a full resolution version of the film.…
So for example if your film resolution…is 1920 by 1080 for example,…you can just send them a version that's 1280 by 720…and that's usually fine.…Remember that video editing usually requires…more system resources than editing audio…or composing music docs.…Which means that your machine as an editor…is likely more powerful than theirs is,…so if you send them a full resolution…full quality version of the film,…their system ya know might not be able to play it back…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.