Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video Effects and techniques that require nesting, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- There are several effects…that I use on a regular basis…that require nesting.…Stabilizer is one of those.…Please, go ahead and open sequence 1-2…and take a look at the very first clip.…In here you see some shots of planes…and if you play it,…you're going to see it's a little bit shaky…so we need to stabilize it.…Let's go to the effects panel…and add the warp stabilizer to this clip.…Type in the word warp in the search field…and now you can add the warp stabilizer…to the clip simply by dragging it.…
Very soon you're going to see a warning in here…telling you that the warp stabilizer…requires for the clip and the sequence…to have the same dimensions.…That is not the case with this clip.…Let's go ahead and delete the warp stabilizer,…and I'm going to change this magnification level…to about 10%.…And I'm going to click on this icon here.…And you can clearly see, when I make this bigger…that the clip is much larger than the sequence…and that's why the warp stabilizer is not working.…
So we need to fix that.…Let's go ahead and nest that clip.…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.