- [Narrator] Voiceovers are usually a narration track…where characters are speaking directly to the audience.…As such, voiceovers are typically recorded in a studio…during post-production.…This means that the audio quality is typically higher,…and it creates a more intimate connection…between the audience and the character.…The downside of this, though, is that it means…that voiceovers will probably be more scrutinized…by audiences in terms of audio quality.…So voiceovers also tend to be much less forgiving…of imperfections than synced sound.…We actually did tons of voiceover, often called VO,…work on "The Assurance".…
Initially, the whole film was narrated…by Eva Jane's character, Ta'ani.…So we recorded that and it was great.…Then after the rough cut of the film, we completely changed…the story.…So then we had Natty's character, Korda'a narrate the film,…and we also added some new lines of VO for Eva to record.…So we did a lot of VO for this film.…When editing VO work, especially with professional adult…actors, it tends to all kinda sound the same initially.…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.