There will be times when you send a video with graphics to your client, the client may want you to make changes to the graphic. In this movie, author Luisa Winters demonstrates how to invoke the “Edit Original” command when you want to edit an After Effects composition but are currently working in Premiere Pro.
- So we have the after effects title…in our Premiere Pro project…and now our client looks at it and has changes.…Maybe they want a change in font or color.…Maybe we need to change some of the words…that we used.…Whatever the change, because we used Dynamic Link,…it's an easy task.…Open Sequence 3.5 Editing AE Title.…From the project panel, drag Title 02 to the timeline.…Now as we can see, the blue color is not as contrasting…as we would like it to be.…
So we want to edit this color so that it is white.…Maybe even change the font to something…a little bit bigger.…All you have to do is select this after effects composition…and then go to edit, edit original.…You can also use the shortcut ctrl e on Windows…or cmd e on the Mac.…This opens the original after effects project…and in here you can edit the text however you want.…
I'm going to select all of the characters…and change the color to white.…I'm also going to change the vertical scale a little bit…and the horizontal scale a little bit as well.…Now all I have to do is save the project, ctrl s…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.