Now that you know how to use EQ, or equalization, you can learn how to use it on different types of voices. What are the differences between EQing a male voice versus a female voice? In this movie, authors Richard Harrington and Cheryl Ottenritter demonstrate how to EQ male and female voices in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Let's take a look at using EQs,…specifically on different types of voices.…You should be familiar with the overall interface…but now let's explore how to put it into play.…Let's go ahead and open up a new Sequence here.…We've already done EQ on a female voice.…Why don't we go ahead and take a look at a male voice here…and so we've got all these different tracks.…Let's just open that up…and basically it's going to be track two, three, or four.…So, do you remember which dialogue track has the male voice?…- [Woman] It would be dialogue two.…- [Man] So it's this one right here.…So, it's just a single clip,…so why don't we just mark that one out.…
That'll make it really easy…and technically since there's only one clip,…we wouldn't have to do it at the track level…but in case we decide to use any more sound bites from him…it's still probably good to work at a track level.…- [Woman] Exactly.…- [Man] All right so we've got that isolated.…I'll solo that so it's easy to hear…and let's just come up here…and make sure we've got the right one selected.…
- Setting up your tracks in Premiere Pro
- Organizing tracks on the Timeline
- Adjusting audio levels on the Timeline
- Switching between track and clip control
- Using the Clip Mixer and Track Mixer
- Using submixes for routing and stem mixing
- Adding clip-level effects to audio clips
- EQ for male and female voices
- Removing background noise
- Compressing the master track
Skill Level Intermediate
Audition CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith Paul Murphy5h 32m Beginner
Introduction to Video Dialogue Editingwith Ashley Kennedy3h 14m Intermediate
Audio for Video: 2 Tips & Techniqueswith Jeff Jacoby28m 24s Intermediate
1. Getting Off to a Good Start
2. Adjusting Audio Levels on the Timeline
3. Mastering the Mixers
4. Essential Effects
5. EQ, Compression, and Noise Reduction in Action
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.