Are there certain frequencies in your audio that you need to either lessen or boost? This is where EQ, or equalization, comes into play. What are the EQ options that you can utilize in Adobe Premiere Pro? In this movie, authors Richard Harrington and Cheryl Ottenritter discuss the essentials to a proper EQ.
- Now we're going to dig deeper into EQ or equalization,…really understand the components of EQ…to boost or detract certain frequencies…to enhance your sound.…- And I remember first being exposed…to a graphic equalizer at a very young age…in my father's car.…He had bought an add-on to his stereo system.…There's all these extra sliders.…He had bolted it under the dash.…There's these ten sliders,…and I remember listening to the Beatles…and playing with these, and all of the sudden,…the bass was booming and the voice sounded low.…Of course, as a kid, I had no idea what I was doing,…so I just pushed the buttons in opposite directions…and listened to it.…
But it was my first exposure that…a sound could be dramatically changed.…- Right, and that's often why I give people the advice…not to go overboard with...…- Don't act like a 10-year-old?…- Don't act like a 10-year-old with the Beatles.…Because if you do too much,…if you start manipulating too much,…you can actually have adverse reactions down the chain…and the compression, and you could be doing too much…
- Setting up your tracks in Premiere Pro
- Organizing tracks on the Timeline
- Adjusting audio levels on the Timeline
- Switching between track and clip control
- Using the Clip Mixer and Track Mixer
- Using submixes for routing and stem mixing
- Adding clip-level effects to audio clips
- EQ for male and female voices
- Removing background noise
- Compressing the master track
Skill Level Intermediate
Audition CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith Paul Murphy5h 32m Beginner
Introduction to Video Dialogue Editingwith Ashley Kennedy3h 14m Intermediate
Audio for Video: 2 Tips & Techniqueswith Jeff Jacoby28m 24s Intermediate
1. Getting Off to a Good Start
2. Adjusting Audio Levels on the Timeline
3. Mastering the Mixers
4. Essential Effects
5. EQ, Compression, and Noise Reduction in Action
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.