Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Doing intermediate renders, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Instructor] In this chapter we're going to look…at actually rendering your movie out to a video file.…In the rest of the chapter we'll look…at exporting your final movie…but in this tutorial we're gonna talk about the times…when you might want to render some clips…before the final edit.…This is called is doing an intermediate render.…We'll look at when you'd want to do that in this tutorial…and also what formats you might want to use.…First let's talk about when this comes in handy.…Well we talked in the last chapter about…how nested sequences, for example, often create problems…when your edit is exported to other processes.…
So if needed then you can do an intermediate render…in that case.…Basically that means that you would render out…just that sequence and then re-import it…back into your timeline and use the intermediate render…instead of the sequence, the nested sequence.…Going along with that if you find…that there are other things that don't carry over…in you xml, or whatever you're using to export your timeline…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.