Documentary Editing with Premiere Pro
Find out how to highlight a cause, express a point of view, and tell a story with Adobe Premiere Pro and some essential documentary editing techniques. This course breaks down the documentary process into a series of stages that correspond to the milestones of a real client project. Starting with existing footage, you'll discover how to identify the key messaging concepts and log the footage. Then find out how to assemble rough and fine-tuned cuts, and layer in motion graphics and a credit roll. The final phase explores color correction and audio mixing, before exporting your final movie.
This course is part of a series that looks at Documentary Editing from the point of view of 3 different editors in 3 different editing applications. For more insight on editing documentary projects, take a look at Documentary Editing with Avid Media Composer and Documentary Editing with Final Cut Pro X.
- Interpreting a creative brief
- Logging interviews and other footage
- Pulling selects and presenting ideas
- Building sequences and scenes
- Creating title graphics
- Animating images
- Adjusting b-roll shots
- Tightening clip timing
- Compressing and exporting multiple files
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Jason Osder. Welcome to Documentary Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro. In this course, we'll look at editing a short documentary for a client in Adobe Premiere Pro. I'll start by showing you how to organize your project and media using the media browser and project panels. Then I'll show you how to use markers to annotate your clips. We'll see how to assemble clips on the timeline and edit them into a pleasing story.
We'll be covering all of these features with a real focus on the specific project with all of it's opportunities and challenges in tact. Now let's start editing our documentary in Adobe Premiere Pro.
Premiere Pro CS5 Essential Training2,018,062 Views
Up and Running with Flash Professional CC346,144 Views
Brainstorming Basics82,873 Views
Shooting with the Canon 60D774,347 Views
Designing Icons for the Web59,853 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,820,903 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2015)1,861,859 Views
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training2,874,295 Views