Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutting on plosives, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Instructor] Okay, folks, so, this right here,…what we're gonna cover in this tutorial is,…without a doubt, one of my favorite techniques.…I discovered it kind of on my own by experimenting…from editing my own lynda.com training videos, actually.…You got so much of that, and I make so many mistakes,…cause I'm like really sloppy when I talk and stuff like that…and it gets really annoying…to have to keep re-recording everything,…and so then I had to get really good at editing stuff,…so I didn't have to re-record it, cause I'm lazy.…And so, what we're gonna cover here, again,…one of my favorite tricks ever,…for editing dialog or voiceovers,…and that is to cut on a plosive.…
Now, plosives are consonants formed…by blocking the flow of air with the mouth,…like with the letters T or P, for example,…you say, like, if you're gonna go, t, or p,…like when you say those words, the flow of air stops.…Now, you might be asking, why in the world…am I learning about this in a course on film editing?…It's a very good question.…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.