If you are creating a title graphic for Adobe Premiere Pro, a great place to make it is inside of Adobe Illustrator. Here, you can take advantage of the different tools available to create a vector graphic for your video title. In this movie, author Luisa Winters demonstrates how to create a title in Adobe Illustrator.
- Go ahead and open Illustrator…and create a New Document.…You already know how to change these settings here.…All you have to do is Name it.…And, click OK.…You already know how to zoom in and out,…ctrl + minus (-) or plus (+),…or if you're on the Mac, cmd + minus (-) or plus (+).…Now, let's go ahead and choose the Type Tool…and type something.…Any word will do.…
I'll type the word, Title.…Because I just clicked and then I started typing,…this is now Point text.…Meaning that when I re-size the box,…the text itself gets re-sized.…I'm gonna make it quite large.…Something like that,…and I'm going to change the Font…again to an Arial Black.…Now, there is a tool in here that is super cool.…
And that is the Touch Type Tool.…If you click and hold on the Type Tool,…you're gonna see that it is this tool…all the way at the bottom of that popout…of the Type Tool.…What this will let me do is select one character at a time.…I'm going to single click on the T,…and as you can see, only the T gets selected.…I can now make it larger, smaller.…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.