Have you never opened Adobe InDesign before? That is okay. It is very similar to other Adobe applications in terms of interface and tools. How do you these create a lower third in InDesign? In this movie, author Luisa Winters walks you through how to make a lower third graphic for your project in Adobe InDesign.
- If you have never opened InDesign before, it's okay.…It works like many other Adobe applications.…The tools will be somewhat familiar to you.…And don't forget that you can always pause this video…to give you a chance to catch up.…Go ahead and open InDesign and…click on the New Document button.…From here, choose an intent for the web.…This is gonna change things to pixels.…
You can change the width to 1920,…and you can change the height to 1080.…Click OK.…This is the InDesign document that…we're going to be working with.…You can see the tools here on the left,…and on the right you can see icons to some of the panels…that we're going to be working with.…The first one that we're going to address…is going to be the Pages icon.…
Go ahead and click there, and the Pages panel opens up.…We have one page, you can see it right here,…but we also have a master page.…It is called A dash Master.…Anything that we change in the master page…will apply to any pages that we create based on the master.…We are going to put a graphic for a lower third…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.