Did you create a multi-layer graphic in Adobe Photoshop that you wanted to animate in Adobe Premiere Pro and it imports as one layer? Are there settings that allow you to import the Photoshop file with independent layers? In this movie, author Luisa Winters demonstrates how to import and use multi-layer Photoshop files into Premiere Pro.
- [Voiceover] Go ahead and open this…sequence name to 5.5 MultiLayer.…Now, import a Photoshop file that was already created.…It is called MultiLayered_Photoshop.psd.…File, import, and go to the folder…named Stills and Graphics.…Here it is, MultiLayered_Photoshop.psd, and click on Open.…This is gonna give you this dialog.…You can import this file as a merged layers,…so it's just gonna be one layer.…
Let's go ahead and do that.…Click OK, and now drag that to the timeline.…As you can see, there it is, it's just one layer,…it has text, etcetera.…Let's go ahead and import this again.…Control or command i, and choose the same document again.…Of course, it gives you the same dialog,…choose Merged Layers, and maybe we don't want to merge…all of the layers, maybe we only want to merge…three of them, or four.…
I am going to deselect the text, and now I'll click OK.…This gives me another title in which…everything is there, except for the text.…Let me go ahead and change this to a transparency grid,…so you can see the text here, and not here.…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.