Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating transition presets, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- Now, as you start to build out your own effects,…you're going to want to save out your own presets.…And this is very logical.…Every major editing system supports this.…But, for some reason, Premiere Pro hasn't…gotten around to this yet.…Hopefully they will in coming editions,…and maybe this chapter will become obsolete.…But for now, the workaround I'm going to show you…is a bit kludgy.…But, it does work, and I want to make sure…that you have at least some options.…And even as you go forward, it's always good…to know different ways to back up your data.…
In this case, we've got some effects.…And if I decide that I like a particular transition,…this is pretty simple.…If I highlight that transition and copy it,…and I go to another shot and paste,…let's just put it on the end there,…it attempts to reuse that effect and brings it across.…Easy enough.…If we go here and we try to grab another one…that has perhaps a different gradient,…let's customize what gradient was loaded.…
So, we've got that active, and we'll go to Custom here,…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
The Art of Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
The Art of Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.