After you have keyed your green-screen footage in Adobe After Effects, you will want to send the keyed clip to another application. You have a few choices to pick from for sending the clip. In this video, Richard Harrington walks you through how to create a flash video with transparency in After Effects.
- Another way of rendering out your images…is as an image sequence.…After Effects has the ability to generate still images…and any of the formats from Photoshop to TIFF files…or even a PNG sequence can store transparency data.…This can make it quite useful if you need to load these…into something like a web browser,…or use other types of animation tools,…or if you want to render out…to a new video codec in the future.…Let me walk you through how to render out something…as an image sequence with embedded transparency.…
Besides rendering a movie,…many folks will choose to create an image sequence,…which gives them the flexibility in the future…to open up the files or convert them…to another codec or format.…Now, if you've not added something to the render queue,…you're going to want to choose Composition,…Add to Render Queue.…In the previous chapter, where we set this up…for creating a movie file.…Now, I'm going to click the plus button here…to add an additional output module,…and you see it places it down below.…
- Keying in Premiere Pro vs. After Effects
- Importing footage to key
- Stacking layers in Premiere Pro
- Using the Ultra Keyer
- Using KEYLIGHT
- Enhancing a key with 3D lights
- Deciding when to use a third-party tool
- Processing backdrops in Photoshop
- Exchanging transparency data
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice: 12 Tracking and Keyingwith Chris Meyer3h 54m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
1. Deciding Where to Key Your Footage
2. Importing Footage to Key
3. Keying in Adobe Premiere Pro
4. Keying in Adobe After Effects
5. Selected Third-Party Keyers
6. Processing Backdrops in Photoshop
7. Backdrop Techniques
8. Exchanging Transparency Data
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.