Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a flash-frame transition, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- One of the things that annoys people about…Premier Pro, is that is doesn't have…a dip to color effect.…You've got dip to white, and dip to black,…but nowhere can you set a specific color.…But, because Premier Pro supports blending modes,…you can easily create your own transition.…Here's an example.…You see that I've created a dip to gold,…and I like that quite a bit.…Not only does it just go to yellow,…but the yellow is added to the scene…because I've used blending modes.…
To add a color, just click the new item…pop up list, and you could choose color map.…This allows you to specify that you wanted to…match the size of your canvas.…Usually these default values are okay,…and when you click ok, you simply pick a color.…You'll note you can enter in a HSB value…for hue saturation and brightness,…RGB, HSL, or YUV,…or even web colors down here.…Or simply use this swatch ruler here…to pick a value and move within the frame.…
This makes it easy for you to chose which…color is being created.…And when you click ok, it asks you to name it.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
The Art of Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
The Art of Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.