Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a blur transition, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- Now that you've got the basic handle…on using a layered transition stack,…let's explore blur transitions.…In this particular case here,…you'll note that I use a blur…to move between the two clips,…blurring just the top clip…as we transition to the underlying clip.…Now, the transition stack we explored…in the previous movie.…So if you skip back,…be sure to go back and check that out.…The second instance here…is ready for you to work with.…There's no transition applied.…I'll go to the Effects control panel…and type in the word "blur".…
Now there are lots of filters for blur…but stick with the Blur & Sharpen category.…Any of the transitions that have…the accelerated icon here will be quite fast.…Normally, I would tell you to go…with Fast Blur but because I don't want…to see any color shifting,…since Gaussian Blur is also accelerated,…that'll work better.…You'll be surprised here…that Gaussian Blur actually has a lot of control.…So let's go back by pressing the up arrow.…I'll select the time line here…and go right there to the start…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
The Art of Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
The Art of Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.