Adobe Photoshop gives you preset layer styles when creating a title graphic for a video project. What if you liked one, but wanted to tweak it to best fit your edit? Could you create a custom layer style? In this movie, author Luisa Winters walks you through how to create a layer style in Adobe Photoshop.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- As we saw in the previous movie,…using these styles, saved us a lot of time.…You can create and save your own styles,…that you can use time and time again.…So we already know that we can use…edit original with this.…All we have to do is select the title,…and then go control E on Windows, or command E on the Mac.…And so far we have changed the appearance…of these lower thirds,…by using styles.…But what if we don't see the style that we're looking for?…Well, let's address that.…
Now, we know that these effects,…are editable because we see these…little eyeballs right here,…which we can turn on and off.…If we double click the name of any of them,…this layer style panel, opens up.…So we can change the bevel from inner for example,…to outer.…Let me move this so we can see the update.…We can change smooth, to chisel hard.…We can change the depth a little bit.…
We can change this to a pillow emboss.…We can have the direction up, or down.…We can change the size.…We can change it to soften it…a little bit more.…We can give it a different contour, texture, etc, etc.…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.