Want to be able to make global adjustments to a series of lower thirds you have created for a project? Adobe InDesign allows you to create styles that apply across the whole InDesign file. How do you create a style? In this movie, author Luisa Winters demonstrates how to create a style in Adobe InDesign.
- [Voiceover] Now, we're going to make two text styles.…One for the name, and one for the title.…Go ahead and single click on the name,…so that is the text box that has John Smith, PhD,…and go to the character styles.…If you don't see the character styles,…go under Window, Styles, and choose Character Styles.…Let's go ahead and open that panel.…
And with that selected, all we have to do is click here,…on the Create New Style Icon.…It's going to be called Character Style 1.…Let's go ahead and edit this a little bit.…Double click it, and of course, the options open up,…and you name it "Name Style", and click OK.…Now, whenever you select the name,…the name style should be highlighted.…
What this means is that this box is following…whatever settings we have in this style.…Go ahead and select the title,…that is Director Nuclear Physics.…And let's go ahead and create a new style.…Click on the New Style Icon, and now let's go ahead…and double click this character style 01.…Let's name it "Title Style".…
And let's base it on "Name Style", that way,…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.