Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Copy and paste a transition, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- If you create a transition that you wanna keep,…it's important that you know how to reuse that transition.…Now, Premiere Pro offers several different ways…to reuse a transition, but some of the saving options…for presets that you're used to in other tools are missing.…I have no reasonable explanation to tell you why…you can't save a transition as a preset,…but I'll give you some work-around strategies.…Let's start by adding a transition here…and then we'll repeat it.…One of the easiest things to do is copy and paste.…
If you apply a transition that you like.…Let's just go down here to Video Transitions…and I'll work with a simple one that's built in.…Let's use the Slide transition…and we'll do a Push.…There it is.…And I'm doing a simple push from top to bottom.…Put a little border in between there.…And let's preview it.…Let's change that border to white…so it's a little easier to see.…
There we go.…And I'll adjust the Anti-aliasing so it's a bit smoother.…Now, if I wanna reuse that transition, it's pretty simple.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.