Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling duration, direction, and advanced options, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- With basic effects, like a dip to color,…or a dissolve, there aren't really…that many extra options to change,…but many effects have additional controls.…Premiere's are pretty basic, but still offer…anywhere from two to four more sliders.…Other options like third-party can be quite extensive.…But, for now, we'll stick with some of the built-in effects.…In this sequence, I've applied a couple of the…bigger, or more over-the-top transitions.…For example, here's a flip-over.…If I select that transition, and look at the…effects control panel, you'll see additional controls.…
Now, let's minimize the mini-timeline for now,…and just take a look at what's happening.…We've already discussed duration and alignment,…but here we have the direction.…This particular transition works off of compass points,…so do I want it to flip from top to bottom?…By choosing north to south, you'll see…that it goes from the top and flips down.…If I selected that transition and said…east to west,…it'll start on the right edge, and flip over to the west.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.