Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video Common effects that should be applied using adjustment layers, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- There are some effects that we use…on a daily basis in our editing work flow…that should be applied using adjustment layers.…Let's go ahead and open sequence 2-2 from the project panel,…and let's add an adjustment layer.…So we'll use the same adjustment layer…that we had in the previous movie.…And let me jut go ahead and elongate it…so that it is as long as the whole set of clips…that I have there.…And I'm also going to add a second adjustment layer,…and put it on top of the second set of clips…that I have in there as well.…
And I will also elongate it.…Now I have these adjustment layers…that are covering the entire set of clips.…And I have two separate sets.…Let's go ahead and select the adjustment layer,…and let's add a time code burn in effect.…Let's go to the effects panel, and type in the word time.…And you will see the time code effect right there.…You can add it to the clip,…and you can see now how it's giving you…the time code of where the play head is.…
If you go to the time code effect…in the effect controls panel,…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.