Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Clip-based transitions, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- While normally you'll use transitions…that you apply to a shot,…you can actually apply a transition effect as a filter.…This type of filter means that…it's transitioning the clip…but it's applied just to the entire clip.…This works particularly well…when you're compositing multiple tracks together,…for example, such as a title.…You'll notice in this case,…I've place the title for our production…over an opening wide shot…and what I'd like to do is…have that title fade on and off.…Well of course, I could simply add…a default transition at either end…and it'll do what I told it to do,…fading up and then back out on the backside.…
But that's not as interesting as it could be.…Let's remove those Cross Dissolves…by selecting them and pressing the Delete key.…Note if you click inadvertently,…you might delete the clip…so choose Undo and be precise…when you click on the Transition…before you press the Delete key.…From the Effects category,…you'll note that you have Transitions.…Now of course we can use these transitions…on the edge of a clip.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.