Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up noise and adding grain, part of Up and Running with DSLR Filmmaking.
- View Offline
Chad Perkins: So as we have talked about before, noise is a terrible thing and you want to …avoid it in your footage at all costs. …But sometimes there's conditions where you might not have time to set up enough light …or whatever else is going on, and you just end up with noise, and you've got to get rid of it. …So there are a few tools that are brilliant and amazing that we can use as a last-ditch resort. …So here is my footage with noise and I'm hoping that through the compressed footage that you're …watching this on, that you can tell how badly this is just reeking of noise.…
So one of my favorite tools is the Denoiser II by Magic Bullet which is sold on redgiantsoftware.com. …And all you have to do is drag and drop it, and you could see already, as I have been talking, …it cleaned up everything and it's done. …So as long as the resolution is full, and I am here in After Effects, but it also works …in Premiere and other hosts, but all we have to do is just change my Resolution to Full …
This course was created and produced by Chad Perkins. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Using lenses as a tool in storytelling
- Establishing focus for video
- Achieving a shallow depth of field
- Using equipment like clapperboards and matte boxes
- Editing and color correcting footage
- Using cinematography techniques to get beautiful shots
- Avoiding rolling shutter and moiré