- [Instructor] As we've discussed timecode…is an essential part of professional video editing…because it essentially assigns an ID number to each frame.…This becomes especially important…for the post production task we're looking at…in this chapter because it makes sure…that everybody's on the same page.…So you wanna make sure that when you export the reference…videos we'll be talking about throughout this chapter…that there is always timecodes showing.…We call this burning in timecode.…Now in the Adobe world there are three ways to do this,…and I should also point out…that for the next couple of chapters…I've included the final assurance edit…to use for these examples.…
But note that all of the footage…has been taken offline intentionally,…because it was linked to the color graded versions…of these clips and those would just be too large…to include in the exercise file.…So if you do get a warning saying that all these files…are offline you could just click offline all,…that's intentional and it's fine…and it doesn't effect any of the exercises we're doing.…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.