Learn about what a KEM roll is and how to build one to review footage.
- [Instructor] Now that you've learned,…in previous lessons, how to organize your raw dailies…into scene bins for both a single-camera…and a multi-camera work flow,…I'm going to walk you through my process…for building what's called a KEM roll.…That's K-E-M, a KEM roll, to view my dailies…and prepare for my edit.…The name KEM roll comes from the original…KEM edit machines used back in the film days.…And I basically stole this idea from Walter March,…so if you love it, please give him all the credit.…What I've done here is I've opened up…the two bins that we just organized.…
We have our single camera organizational bin here,…and we have our multi-camera…organizational bin here.…And remember, once again, if you're looking at this…for the first time, and you're thinking,…"Why are there three columns named A?"…That was just for demonstration purposes.…And if you didn't watch the previous lessons,…and you're like, "I have no idea…"why all these clips are organized this way,"…please, go back, watch the previous lessons first.…
- File management
- Time blocking
- Cleaning up your email inbox
- Organizing and prioritizing notifications
- Selecting apps to help you with task and time management
- Filtering email messages and paperwork
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Why can't I earn a Certificate of Completion for this course?
A: We publish a new tutorial or tutorials for this course on a regular basis. We are unable to offer a Certificate of Completion because it is an ever-evolving course that is not designed to be completed. Check back often for new movies.
Video Production and Post Tips of the Weekwith Richard Harrington12h 49m Appropriate for all
Video Editing: Moving from Production to Postwith Amy DeLouise2h 22m Appropriate for all
The History of Film and Video Editingwith Ashley Kennedy2h 10m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Trello, GTD, Productivity Tools
Project and Timeline Organization
Inbox zero8m 27s
Project & dailies organization, and going further with GTD and Trello 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.