Join Zack Arnold for an in-depth discussion in this video Browser extensions and apps to maximize focus, part of Video Post Productivity Weekly.
- [Instructor] If you caught my previous lessons…on time blocking…then you know that I'm a big advocate of eliminating…outside distractions so you can get into the creative zone…and get some real work done.…Trying to multitask while doing creative work…is kind of like asking your brain to swim…through wet cement.…Once you've decided that you're all in…on the concept of working in focused time block,…you're going to need a few tools to ensure…that you can block the distractions…that are trying to steal your focus.…In this lesson I'm going to demonstrate…three useful apps for blocking…distracting social media sites…as well as some regular websites.…
Now, you'll see that right now…I am sitting on a Facebook home page…and in my opinion Facebook…is probably the number one productivity killer…on the planet unless of course you work…in the realm of Facebook.…So, what I'm going to do is show you a very, very simple way…to be able to block all of the distractions in Facebook…but still have access to it.…Facebook is designed in a very specific way.…
- File management
- Time blocking
- Cleaning up your email inbox
- Organizing and prioritizing notifications
- Selecting apps to help you with task and time management
- Filtering email messages and paperwork
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Why can't I earn a Certificate of Completion for this course?
A: We publish a new tutorial or tutorials for this course on a regular basis. We are unable to offer a Certificate of Completion because it is an ever-evolving course that is not designed to be completed. Check back often for new movies.
Video Production and Post Tips of the Weekwith Richard Harrington12h 49m Appropriate for all
Video Editing: Moving from Production to Postwith Amy DeLouise2h 22m Appropriate for all
The History of Film and Video Editingwith Ashley Kennedy2h 10m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Trello, GTD, Productivity Tools
Project and Timeline Organization
Inbox zero8m 27s
Project & dailies organization, and going further with GTD and Trello 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.