After you have been working with your offline, or proxy, media, there will come a time when you will want to link back to your original media so you can export your timeline. How do you link back to your original media? In this video, author Jeff Greenberg walks you through how to link you footage back to the camera originals in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- This is specifically addressed to the editor who is working only with the offline media. I need to show you how to reattach, if you will, the full quality media. Here I have my system. And if you take a look at any of these clips, they all say the word Proxy Attached and they're saying in there status that they're offline. I'm gonna go ahead here and just select all of these clips. Let's make a new sequence. File, Menu, New Sequence. These files are all greater than HD sizes, but I'm gonna pick a 24p DSLR. All I'm looking for is the frame size of 1080.
The frame speed 24 frames per second. I'm gonna go ahead and call this Offline Edit. And I'm just gonna take all my media, drag it into there. Keep my sequence settings please. I'm gonna take all these clips and tell them to be scaled correctly. Right click, set to frame size. That way, they'll each have independent scales that make them match a 1080 screen. All these items are all the Proxy footage. I could edit, I could choose which ones to use, and that way, send the project back to you, the editor, the one who's got the full quality media.
So, I've been editing using this and my system, right now, we're pretending we don't have that drive attached. Now, whether I port the drive in or I send you the project, and you've got this media and I need to show you how to attach the full quality media. We say that by going to the menu that says Proxy and saying Reconnect Full Resolution Media. I'm gonna go ahead and make that choice. I'm going to say Attach and then I have to find my full resolution media, that's on my online drive.
Full quality media online. I'm just gonna pick one of the files. I'm gonna say okay. It locates all of my media. We now have the full quality as setup. When I click my Proxy button, we're seeing the full quality 4k media. When I press my Proxy button again, we're seeing Proxies across the board. When I roll that open, you can see that now the status is all online for my full quality media. So this is how you reattach that full quality to a Proxy based workflow.
- Understanding proxy (aka online/offline) workflows
- How (and where) to create proxies
- Creating proxies at ingest
- Adjusting settings
- Viewing proxy metadata
- Attaching full-resolution clips to a proxy-only system
- Building custom proxy presets
- Outputting high-quality masters and low-quality proxies