Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video The Assurance rough cut, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Narrator] Our world is not so different from yours.…We hunger.…We feel pain.…We die.…A great evil is destroying our land.…The people are without hope.…The elders speak of a time when the world was fertile.…
Women would make offerings to the gods…who would bless them with children.…That was before the fallen god Golhatten…came to dwell among us.…He punishes our world to spite the gods for his banishment.…Now, we make offering upon offering,…but there is no new life among our people.…Many assume they would never see another child.…But they were wrong.…
Our people do not have much,…so we tend to hold on to that which is most precious to us.…- Are you ready?…- Not yet.…- Now, could we go?…- Recite the poem.…(Korda'a sighs)…- Through forests deep and desert long,…I will be brave, I will be strong.…
- That's beautiful.…- Ta'ani.…Hello?…You promised we would go today.…(bell chime) (Korda'a groans)…- But I just drew it!…- Korda'a.…Everyone draws the assurance when the bell chimes.…(pens scratching)…It's getting too late to leave now.…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.