Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying transitions between clips, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- Okay, you've seen me apply a transition…but let's review all the different ways…that transitions can be applied between clips.…When I put the playhead near an edit point,…it will register as being close enough.…If you choose Sequence, Apply Video Transition,…you'll note that it applies the transition at that point.…Now, in this particular case, that transition…that was applied, matches the default duration.…You'll see in this case it's one second long,…and we'll talk about changing…that preference a little bit later.…
Let's select that transition for a second,…and press Delete key.…So, using those shortcuts, you could choose…Command-D for a Video Transition,…Shift-Command-D for an Audio Transition,…or Shift-D to apply it to a Selection.…Let's specify what a selection is.…Those first two, Command-D or Shift-Command-D,…on a PC it's just Control-D or Shift-Control-D,…are driven by the location of the playhead.…But if you don't want to move the playhead,…you can make an active selection to drive this as well.…
You'll notice I'm not close enough to the edit point…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.