Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying the gradient wipe, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- One of the most versatile effects that you have…that works both as a clip-based…as well as a transition-based effect,…is the gradient wipe.…This uses the gradual blend from black to white…to dictate the shape and direction of a wipe.…I've included a few gradient wipe patterns…that you can explore.…These are simple ones that I've made.…For example, you see some different shapes here,…sort of a chrome-type look.…Or a simpler clock wipe that goes from black to white.…
It'll sweep across and reveal the shot.…A fire-ish fiber,…a rough texture,…or more geometric-type patterns,…or abstract patterns.…All of these are quite useful.…When we apply that effect,…let's just go between two clips here,…I'll type in the phrase "gradient"…and you'll see from the Video Transitions category,…"Gradient Wipe."…Now be careful that you don't choose the transition effect,…which is applied to a whole clip.…
And that's really more useful for titles.…But for a clip-based transition,…from the Video Transitions category,…choose this one.…When you apply that to a shot,…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
The Art of Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
The Art of Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.