Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Apply a transition to multiple edit points, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- Let's talk about pasting to multiple edit points…a bit more.…One of the things that I find important…is to mix it up a bit.…You don't wanna have the exact same effect…over and over again.…So let's apply a transition and then tweak it slightly…and reuse it again.…To start, I'll select this first transition…and take a look at it.…It's doing a nice reveal.…I like that.…The doors open.…Let's copy that and select every other edit point.…
I'll click here to select one and then shift-click…to select the next…and choose Edit, Paste.…Now, that worked pretty well.…And I'm gonna go here to the next one…and deselect so nothing is active and paste again.…But on the second instance, after opening up,…I wanna reverse the effect.…So instead of pulling apart,…let's select that effect and come down here…and check the Reverse box so it goes…the opposite direction.…
Now it's gonna change it.…Pulls apart and comes together.…You'll note, though, that when I applied that,…that some of the properties were removed…with the reverse.…So let's just check here.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.