Join James Ball for an in-depth discussion in this video Aesthetic matching of cameras, part of Multi-Camera Video Production and Post.
- On a normal video production,…it's very normal to do some scene-to-scene color correction.…A lot of times we're cutting together footage…from different projects and different times.…But on a multicamera production,…you're going to drive your editors absolutely nuts…if every time they switch angles,…they've got to do a lot of color correction.…Jim, this comes down to just good on-set management…of managing your cameras, right?…- It's a technical craft, right.…So there's machines and equipment, electronics…that all get set to a certain set of parameters…that need to be matched from each camera to camera.…
Normally, you're using instruments and you're trying…to be as precise as you can in matching the cameras,…but a lot of times, especially if you're starting out,…you might not have the expertise…or you just might not have the budget…or you might not have the measuring tools…to calibrate things on a technical level so--…- Even if they do match, technically,…I've seen instances where on a chart or on a scope,…oh those are perfect matches and you look at the two angles…
You'll learn essential preproduction strategies to get the right gear and place it in the right position. You'll also learn techniques for syncing the visuals and audio captured from each camera. Rich and James offer advice for directors running shoots in the field, as well as strategies for crew members who are building sets and logging footage. Finally, in chapters 7 and 8, they share techniques for multicamera postproduction with Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro. In these chapters, you'll learn how to create multicam clips, apply color correction, color match angles, switch between angles, and refine and master your edit. By the end of the course, you'll have a thorough start-to-finish understanding of the multicamera production process.
- Planning the multicamera production
- Evaluating the location
- Creating camera diagrams
- Selecting the right equipment
- Communicating with crew
- Lighting multicam productions
- Matching and syncing cameras
- Directing a multicamera shoot
- Editing multicamera video
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video for Photographers: 1 Filmmaking Essentialswith Eduardo Angel37m 53s Appropriate for all
Camera Movement for Video Productionswith Eduardo Angel46m 52s Appropriate for all
1. Planning the Production
2. The Production Approach
3. Preparing Cameras for a Multicamera Production
4. Running a Multicamera Production
5. Strategies from the Crew
6. Preparing for Post-Production
7. Multicamera Post-Production with Adobe Premiere Pro
8. Multicamera Post-Production with Final Cut Pro X
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.