Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting audio, part of Introduction to Video Editing.
- Our sequence is coming along pretty well.…We've got the main audio foundation laid in.…We've added our B-Roll.…I've gone through and trimmed everything…so that my timing and pacing is good.…We've got the music laid in,…but it does need some work.…We've also got some issues with the audio…on some of our clips.…So, in this movie we're gonna talk about…some very basic audio editing.…So before we tackle the music,…we're going to work on the dialog.…Jean-Michel's audio is pretty good,…but we'll need to fix a few things.…And Jill's audio needs even more work.…
So what I'm gonna do is mute the music track.…This is the mute button right here.…When I do that, I'm only going to hear my dialog track.…- All my own creations so very some ...…- Now, we're not going to rely just on our hearing…to measure the proper levels.…We're going to use the audio meters to help us measure.…Now we want normal sounds, like the human voice,…to peak right negative 12.…Between negative 12 and negative 6 is okay.…Louder sounds can peak a little bit higher,…
- Exploring an editor's role in storytelling
- Understanding film grammar
- Learning when to follow and when to break editing "rules"
- Exploring shot and lens movement, as well as timing and pacing
- Getting to know video editing software
- Editing narrative scenes
- Editing documentaries
- Looking at the role of sound design, effects, and color correction
- Next steps for training and development
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Documentary Editingwith Diana Weynand2h 56m Intermediate
1. Exploring Story
What is story?2m 47s
2. The Grammar of Editing
3. Exploring Nonlinear Editing Applications
4. Editing a Short Narrative Scene
5. Editing a Short Documentary
6. Understanding Additional Post-Production Processes
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.