Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding music and B-roll, part of Introduction to Video Editing.
- So we've got a pretty good foundation…for this piece started.…We've included the appropriate sound bites…and removed the sections that we don't…want to have in our piece.…Now it's time to add important visual material,…our B-Roll along with the music.…Now many times music is added much later than this stage,…but because some of this piece is set to music,…I at least want to be aware of how the music…works with everything from here on out…since we'll often be matching our cuts to the song.…So, let's first take a listen to the music.…
That is in Assets and Music.…We want to listen to Cafe Francaise.…I want to play the first part…and then I want to skip to about 13 seconds in.…(slow accordion music)…Sorry, so that continues until about here,…and then watch for this change here.…(medium accordion music)…So, my idea is that I have about 13 seconds…of Jean-Michel making a chocolate,…probably the avocado truffle actually,…and then when this change occurs,…then we'll have him start to speak. Okay?…So, let's go ahead and drag this down to our timeline,…
- Exploring an editor's role in storytelling
- Understanding film grammar
- Learning when to follow and when to break editing "rules"
- Exploring shot and lens movement, as well as timing and pacing
- Getting to know video editing software
- Editing narrative scenes
- Editing documentaries
- Looking at the role of sound design, effects, and color correction
- Next steps for training and development
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Documentary Editing with Final Cut Pro X v10.1.xwith Diana Weynand2h 56m Intermediate
1. Exploring Story
What is story?2m 47s
2. The Grammar of Editing
3. Exploring Nonlinear Editing Applications
4. Editing a Short Narrative Scene
5. Editing a Short Documentary
6. Understanding Additional Post-Production Processes
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.