- All right, our sequence is coming along.…Now, it's time to look at applying some very basic effects…as well as a couple of titles.…The first thing that we'll cover is the basic dissolve.…The dissolve can be used for many things…including to smooth out transitions,…or you can use a long dissolve to juxtapose…multiple images together to combine ideas.…For this piece, I was thinking that dissolves…might be nice in several places.…Let's start off by…looking at this montage here…of chocolates.…
I was thinking some nice long dissolves…in between all of those might look good.…So, there's a couple ways that you can do this.…You can right-click on an edge and choose…Apply Default Transition,…and that's gonna add a dissolve for you.…To choose how long that dissolve is,…you go to Premiere Pro, Preferences, General,…and my Video Transition Default Duration is at 15 frames,…so you can change that to whatever you want.…Let's say that we want maybe 45 frames here…and say OK.…
And we'll do that again, 45 frames.…So now, if I select this and Apply Default Transition,…
- Exploring an editor's role in storytelling
- Understanding film grammar
- Learning when to follow and when to break editing "rules"
- Exploring shot and lens movement, as well as timing and pacing
- Getting to know video editing software
- Editing narrative scenes
- Editing documentaries
- Looking at the role of sound design, effects, and color correction
- Next steps for training and development
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Documentary Editingwith Diana Weynand2h 56m Intermediate
1. Exploring Story
What is story?2m 47s
2. The Grammar of Editing
3. Exploring Nonlinear Editing Applications
4. Editing a Short Narrative Scene
5. Editing a Short Documentary
6. Understanding Additional Post-Production Processes
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.